Gospel Centres International - Central Canteen Chef – Contract
- The Chef will ensure the overall quality service delivery and profitability of the Church Canteen by:
- Making sure that all culinary systems function efficiently for customer satisfaction;
- the business achieves budgeted profit levels;
- management of all Canteen Staff;
- creating menu items and determining food inventory needs.
- This is a One -Year Contract job renewable at expiry time subject to performance and availability of funds.
- The successful candidate will be reporting to GCI-Central Church Administrator with a dotted line to The Resident Pastor for Daily Operations.
- Planning and directing food preparation and all culinary activities.
- Ordering inventory of food products for the preparation and operation, of an efficiently run kitchen.
- Training and developing all kitchen staff, providing input for their performance, conducting their appraisals, and taking the disciplinary measures according to the values and guidelines of Gospel Centres International – Central.
- Complying and maintaining of laws relating to food service establishments including but not limited to nutrition, sanitation, safety, employment law, fire, and health code regulations.
- Ensuring the correct maintenance and use of all Kitchen equipment.
- Implementing measures to minimize food costs; exercising portion control for all items served and working with the Church Procurement Officer in establishing menu selling prices.
- Ensuring strict adherence to the Canteen’s recipes as per the set standards.
- Performing administrative duties as needed and any other duties that the management may deem necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree and or Diploma or its equivalent in Culinary Science and from a recognized and reputable institution.
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Minimum 5 years’ food preparation experience, preferably in a high-volume restaurant.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and
- Knowledge of current food trends and best practices.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Flexible attitude to working hours
How to apply.
- All applications including testimonials should be submitted strictly online by 21st February 2022.
- Please send your applications to – firstname.lastname@example.org